21 Day Fix

Shakeology

Sunday, January 12, 2014

P90X3 Week One Progress


I completed Week 1 of P90X3 and let me tell you it is difficult and exhausting, but I am sore (a good sore) and feel fantastic. This was my first time doing a Tony Horton workout, so I was not sure what to expect. I had done Insanity and really enjoyed that, but my body really took a beating. When I heard P90X3 was coming out and was only going to be 30 minutes a day and incorporated a lot of yoga and pilates, it was game on! No more excuses about not having time, I am getting a full body workout in just thirty minutes a day. Work and life can get in the way of health, but virtually anyone can squeeze in just 30 minutes a day.


Before I get into the specifics of the program, I want to start with the fun stuff - a few challengers results, after just 1 week of P90X3 with Shakeology!
- Female challenger, age 28: 3 pounds lost and 1% body fat lost
- Male challenger, age 30: 6 pounds lost
- Female challenger, age 52: 1.7 pounds lost
- Female challenger, age 28: 3 pounds lost
We will be looking at inches lost as well at the 30, 60 and 90 day marks - so stay tuned!
I purchased the P90X3 Challenge Pack. It is on sale during the month of January for $180 instead of $205! The pack includes:
8 DVDs consisting of 16 workouts
90-Day Workout Calendar
Nutrition Guide
Fitness Guide
Introduction DVD with fit test
Bonus: P90X One on One: On One Leg DVD
30 -Day Supply of Shakeology
I had to purchase some equipment to go with the program. I went and bought an over-the-door pull up bar, resistance bands and weights (5, 8, and 12 pounds). I had a yoga mat on hand so that was great. I also had a great pair of cross-trainer shoes that are suggested for his workouts.
I will be the first to admit I cannot do a chin-up or pull-up without assistance, so I needed to modify this portion. I did this by attaching a heavy resistance band to each end of the pull up bar. I will put my foot or both feet in this before starting my pull-up. It gives me the little boost I need, eventually I hope to take this away completely!

The workouts come with a book that will outline EVERYTHING you need to do to set yourself up for success with the program. The program is completed in three blocks, each lasting about 4 weeks – 90 days total. Also, you can really tailor the program to what you want to accomplish. Their are four options: Classic, Lean, Doubles and Mass. I chose Lean!
Classic: will give you the best whole body workout with a balance between strength, cardio and conditioning.
Lean: exactly what you think it is, this is focused on leaning out your physique and burning fat.
Doubles: this is double the fun, 2 workouts each day. If you are looking for more of a challenge this would be the plan to choose.
Mass: if you want to increase muscle mass, this is the program for you. Mostly strength training portion as well as portioning your meals/calories to gain weight and muscle.
The workouts are broken down in a calendar according to what option you choose. Here is a list of the workouts:
Resistance

• Total Synergistics

• The Challenge

• Incinerator

• The Warrior

• Eccentric Upper

• Eccentric Lower


Power

• Agility X

• Triometrics

• Decelerator


Cardio

• Cardio Vascular Extreme (CVX)

• Mark Briggs Inspired MMA Workouts (MMX)

• Accelerator


Core, Flex & Balance

• Pilates X

• X3 Yoga

• Isometric

• Dynamix

The first three weeks of the Lean  Phase I will complete the same 6 workouts each week.  All so far, have been equally challenging, a lot of moves I needed to modify as well - but I know that will get better with time. 

Here is a video that breaks down P90X3, the before and after Photos and what to expect:


Along with the exercise, the food prep and planning has been crucial this week. 80% of becoming healthy is food, 20% is exercise. The food guide that comes with the dvd’s will breakdown how many carbs, proteins and fats you should eat with each snack and meal. I am apart of a clean eating group on Facebook that has allowed me to be encouraged and remain accountable. Plus I have got some great recipe and snack ideas! 

I LOVE Tony Horton’s sense of humor and have really enjoyed the workouts so far. Here are a few pics of me in action:


I look forward to sharing this journey with you!
If you are ready to take the plunge into getting into the best shape of your life and commiting 90 days to your health you can order P90X3 today by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment