21 Day Fix

Shakeology

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Cheers! It's 2014!





Are you an emotional person? Does this spill over into other areas of your life as well? I came to a profound realization today after listening to a podcast of a local pastor......I am paralyzed by my emotions. There are days where I get so stressed out, so consumed with what could or should happen that I freeze up and just do nothing at all. I am literally so scared of the what the future holds and the possibility of my own failure, that I miss opportunities right in front of me. This is true for my health and nutrition as well - if I slip up, I figure I can take the opportunity to completely go overboard and eat everything. Or, I think about starting a program and worry about not seeing the results I want to. Or even worse, getting where I want to be and then sabotaging myself and gaining all the weight back. 

Well let's throw our worries and anxiety to the wind and move forward together confident with no expectations, only with the desire to better ourselves. Even if you just pick up one habit from a 90-day program - that could be a domino effect that leads to healthy decisions in the future. For example, maybe you realize that you need to replace your alcohol or carbonated beverage with a detox water or warm lemon water. This small change could do wonders to your view of health and how your body feels. This could be the ripple effect that alters your view on nutrition. 

Remember your past cannot be changed. What you do have the opportunity to change is your tomorrow. Wake up in the morning and take hold of what is in store for you. Maybe think about making a small change this week - walk around your neighborhood, swap your drive-thru breakfast for fruit and oatmeal, or maybe you are ready to take on a 30 day challenge. The possibilities and results are endless. I will be hosting a 30-day clean eating and exercise group starting on January 13th. We will talk about meal planning, clean-eating, accountability and motivation. Send me an email through the Contact Form on the Home Page if you are interested. Cheers to bettering ourselves in 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment