21 Day Fix

Shakeology

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Coaching - My Why

I'm an introvert - I am not comfortable broadcasting my life on Facebook or Instagram or through any form of social media. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it and even worse, thinking about what other people may think. Becoming a Beachbody coach has taken me way outside my comfort zone.  I don't want to push the product on people or give the impression I am in this for money or success. I do not have a large social group of friends or a large network of people, just a few that I am extremely loyal to.   So, why did I decide to be a coach? I am passionate about making others understand the gift of health and how it can change your life. I want to be authentic and give people a sense of who I am, my strengths, weaknesses and what is important to me in life to hopefully inspire change. That is what coaching is to me.



Defining my why as a coach is a very personal. You see, I have been struggling with life in general for almost two years now. What I mean by that, is I have not been experiencing life, just living. I have great happiness in my marriage and my faith in God - but my day-to-day still lacked passion. I wanted to feel like I was making a difference in the world, I wanted to take the time I was spending watching TV after work and put it into something that would feed my goals, passions and God given gifts. I knew it didn't matter where I was in my journey, or if I looked like the cover of a fitness magazine - I just needed to start somewhere!

What I have realized in the few short months I have been a coach is that this business is for ANYONE. If you are passionate and have the desire to help others, you can be a coach. I feel blessed to even be able to help one person succeed. I have already seen so many non-money related rewards. Like, the challengers who have a new lease on life, those who have lost weight and understand what healthy eating is, and the people who have not purchased anything, but are inspired and have decided to get on a track of health. Most importantly, I have been given the opportunity to get to know others on a deeper level, finding out their why. Finding out why they are passionate about changing their life, the emotions and deep rooted issues that are attached to their eating or fitness phobias. Everyone looks for someone that they can relate to that will go on a scary life-changing journey with them. You don't have to be thin or in tip-top shape or a marathon runner, in fact the opposite is better - its more relatable and realistic. Putting yourself out there just as you are will attract people to your heart and passion. It is really rewarding!

In addition to the intrinsic values that come with coaching, yes - there is also money. I know there are a lot of people struggling, living on un-employment or paycheck to paycheck, unable to pay bills, racking up credit cards. Or maybe you are stuck in a dead-end job and just want something to supplement some income. Even just $100 or $200 a month can be that extra income you need - and Beachbody can get you there. I have been so surprised at how quickly you can grow your business. I have been doing this while working full time. I am applying the money toward a trip to Europe later this year, that I thought would be put on a credit card. It looks like I will be able to cover the entire trip with my Beachbody earnings in just a few months, and all of this was accomplished after my 40 hour work week from the comfort of my home.

If this is something that sounds interesting to you, that you are passionate about - send me a message and I would be happy to talk to you about it more. I am in this and I am not going to give up or turn back . I have reached Emerald in the business and hope to continue to grow by focusing on others, not on the bottom line.

Here is a really inspiring video from a speech that Lindsay Matway, the number one Beachbody coach,  gave just a few days ago about her why and her journey.


Happy Tuesday everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment