21 Day Fix

Shakeology

Sunday, February 9, 2014

P90X3 Week 5 Progress


Week 5 has come to a conclusion and the amount of sore I experienced this week was NOT like Block 1. I started the beginning of Block 2 workouts and it was great to mix it up this past week. This program focuses on muscle confusion - so mixing up the routine really produces the quickest results.
I really have enjoyed the workout schedule this week.


Here are the workouts we completed this week:

Day 1: Eccentric Upper
Day 2: Triometrics
Day 3: X3 Yoga- I am loving the 3o minute yoga and my body totally is needing it too
Day 4: Eccentric Lower
Day 5: Incinerator
Day 6: MMX
Day 7: Rest or Dynamix 

The eccentric upper and lower workouts really focus on strength training and exhausting the muscle groups. I definitely reached for the heavier weights this week, which felt great. I am feeling stronger and more agile each passing week. Triometrics focused on one move that has three levels. You work through each level and up to the advanced if comfortable. I was dripping with sweat during this routine and literally experienced muscle fatigue throughout my entire body. The MMX workout is meant to mimic some MMA type moves and really gives a full body workout.  


Here is a move from Eccentric Upper called the Rocket Launcher - it really targets the triceps. We only did 10 reps so choosing heavier weights was key.



Triometrics involved a lot of balance, one move called The Duper Skater involved balancing on each leg for over a minute while doing moves that a speed skater would. My legs were shaking!!




I noticed this week that staying hydrated was of vital importance. Drinking half of body weight in ounces of water was extremely important so that I was not dehydrated and to help with the soreness I was experiencing. The great thing about this series is that it is only 30 minutes. I know I can push to my hardest for a full half hour a day. I am not sure if i will want to go back to do longer workouts. I am seeing results, feeling the improvement and not gassing out halfway through. 

Meal planning was essential this week. I needed to make sure I was fueling my body with the right nutrients to produce the best results.   I have a serious issue with my sweet tooth, I feel like I need something sweet after each meal. I have found that the following snacks really help curb this, yet they are still a healthy option:

-Vanilla roast or cocoa roast Almonds
-Greek yogurt with agave and berries
-Dark chocolate with strawberries
-Chocolate Chip Quest Bar
-Apple with almond butter, cinnamon and honey
-Frozen grapes
-Kind Bar


Here is my meal plan, I like to keep it simple so the prep and time it takes is manageable:





















Now onto week 6, cannot wait to see how my challengers take on Block 2 and what changes we see in our health and bodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment